Your browser (Internet Explorer 7 or lower) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.


Search NERRS

Disciplinary Report for
Pete Luchini of Western New England College Men's 1st
Match Date: 13 October 2018

Location: Southwood Field 1215 Wilbraham Road Springfield, MA 01119

Yellow Card Offense

Player's Position:
Nature of Offense
dangerous play - high tackle

Teams and Results
Home:    Western New England College Score    0
Visitor:   University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth Score    39
Time into match of Incident:   60
Score at Time:   (H)  0   (V)   39
Offending-side Captain:  Lewis Saladino
Opposing-side Captain:   
Weather and Field Conditions
It had rained in the morning but had stopped by the time the match started and it ended up being a perfect day for rugby - sunny, clear, and cool. The grass pitch was lined purposed exclusively for rugby. It was in excellent shape though some large divots dug up as the ground was still soft from the rain.

General Pattern of Play
UMass Dartmouth were a larger, more physical side with strong runners in the midfield where they did the most damage on attack. However, as they fatigued, their tackling technique deteriorated, resulting in numerous penalties, two yellow cards, and two red cards. It is telling that UMass-Dartmouth failed to score after their first yellow card with 20 minutes remaining and that WNEC failed to score despite having one and two-man advantages over the same period of time.

Detailed Report of Incident
After repeated penalties for high tackles, the UMass-Dartmouth captain was warned that any further high tackles would result in a yellow card. This particular sanction happened on a tap and go when play resumed immediately after another UMass-Dartmouth player had just been given a yellow card for a high tackle. In this instance, the offending player wrapped his arm around the ball carrier's head while being driven back and his arm remained wrapped around the ball carrier's neck until both players went to ground. Repeated team penalties for dangerous play and after having been warned against any more high tackles, and having a player already sin-binned moments before, the offending player was given a yellow card.

  Thomas McNeil
Date Submitted:
  16 October 2018